Now that you’ve joined the most popular service in the world for sending, receiving and organizing emails it’s time to sign in to your Gmail account (still don’t have an account? Follow these tips to create an account). Logging into your account is the best way to access Google’s suite of services and get the most out of the range of resources the internet powerhouse has to offer like Gmail, Google+, YouTube, and much more.
As long as you have an internet connection you can sign in to your Gmail account from a range of devices, including iOS and Blackberry. Gmail’s most popular features are available from any device, although certain changes, like changing your password, can only be done from a PC.
Follow these easy steps to log in to Gmail from your computer, phone or tablet.
Sign in to Gmail from your computer
1. Go to Google. If you already have an account (see our Gmail Sign Up post for instructions on
how to create an account) simply go https://www.gmail.com or to https://www.google.com/ and click on the blue “Sign In” button in the top right of the page.
2. Enter your username. Google will redirect you to the Gmail sign in page. Enter your email in
the space provided and click “Continue”.
3. Enter your password. The next screen will prompt you to enter your password. For security
purposes, the numbers, letters or symbols that you enter will appear as **** as you type.
4. Stay signed in. Using Gmail from your personal PC? Check the “Stay signed in” box for easier and faster access to your account in the future: Gmail will remember your sign-in information and will automatically enter your credentials the next time you want to log in.
5. Sign in. Click the “Sign in” button to access your Gmail inbox.
6. Ready to sign out? If you already have an avatar associated with your account it will appear in the top right of the page; your first initial will appear in a circle if you don’t. Click the avatar or the circle and then click “Sign out”.
Gmail sign in from a phone or tablet
1. Open your mobile device’s web browser. To sign in to Gmail from your phone or tablet, go to www.google.com or www.gmail.com as you would on your PC.
2. Follow the sign-in steps. Once you’re on the Google or Gmail home page, follow the same steps as you would for a PC to access your Gmail account.
3. Using the Gmail App. To access your Gmail account using the Gmail App, first make sure you have the app installed. Click to open and the app will walk you through the Gmail sign up and sign up process.
Forgot your password? Check out our Gmail Password Recovery post for tips on how to set a new password and regain access to your Gmail account.